Core Scientist: Wayne Lencer, MD
Specialized equipment listed below made available by special permission and are in general restricted to members of HDDC located at BCH
- Agilent Seahorse XFe96 Analyzer: The Seahorse XFe96 Analyzer measures OCR and ECAR of live cells in a 96-wel plate format. These rates are key indicators of mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis and provide a systems-level view of cellular metabolic function in cultured cells and ex-vivo samples.
BioRad Biologic FPLC will be used for protein, lipid and peptide purification, including full access to the Mass Spectroscopy Core D of the Harvard Digestive Diseases center.
BioRad BioLogic 10 Duoflow FPLC system with QuadTec UV Detector equipped with Agilent Analytical and Semi-Preparative Reverse-Phase HPLC Columns.
New Brunswick Incubator Shaker Innova 44R: This is the most advanced refrigerated shaking incubator available incorporating a programmable controller, slide-out platform mechanism, glide-up front door, and automatic temperature control (20C below ambient to 80C). The shaker can accommodate vessels from 2mL tubes to 5L flasks, with various platform configurations.
- Avestin EmulsiFlex-C5 High Pressure Homogenizer: The Emulsiflex-C5 cell homogenizer can process cell samples for recombinant protein production at up to flow rates of 83mL/min with greater than or equal to 99.5% rupture efficiency. This provides unprecedented efficiencies compared to other methods.
TECAN Spark Multimode Plate reader (fluorescence, absorbance, cell counting, and illuminescence).
nCounter from Nanostring (in collaboration with Genetics Core at BCH).
- Mouse colonoscope
- HPLC: The Agilent 1100/1200 HPLC system is capable of analytical separations and semi-preparative purifications. The system consists of a quaternary pump, autosampler, column compartment heater, multi-wavelength detector and fraction collector. This is suitable for the analysis in reverse phase of small molecules, peptides and nucleic acids.
- LCMS: The Agilent 6120 mass spectrometer is a single quadrupole mass analyzer coupled to an Agilent 1100 LC system. The MS uses an electrospray ionization source and detects a mass range from 10-1500 +/- 0.13 units. The system is best suited for identification of small molecules, peptides and lipids in simple solvents and buffers. The LC system is run by a quaternary pump and equipped with an autosampler, column heater, and multi-wavelength detector. The system is not capable of proteomics or complex fragmentation analysis.
- Expi293 and ExpiCHO mammalian cell cutlure system
- Multiplex Cytokine Profiling - Luminex MagPix
- FPLC and BioLogic DuoFlow F10 BioRad Workstation: This systems enables rapid purification of protein and small molecules. The chromatography system can adapt to low and higher pressure FPLC and HPLC grade columns with flow rate up to 10ml/min and 3,500psi. The BioLogic system has QuadTec UV/Vis detector that enable simultaneous monitoring of 4 wavelengths and an automated fraction collector.