Next Letter of Intent Deadline
December 27 2021
Next Application Deadline
February 21, 2022
Pilot and Feasibility Award Program
Letters of Intent will be due on or before: December 27,2021 5pm
Notification of eligibility to proceed with application: January 3, 2022. Applications will be due on or before: February 21,2022
The HDDC is focused on the study of epithelial cell function and mucosal biology in inflammation, host defense, and cancer of the gastrointestinal tract and related mucosal surfaces. Pilot & Feasibility projects will be considered for support if they relate directly or indirectly to this mission.
- Support young investigators who have not previously held independence awards (such as a R01 and/or P01) in carrying out independent and promising research that tests a novel research direction or hypothesis. (Type 1 awards)
- Enable young, developing scientists and/or clinicians to pursue innovative and promising pilot projects which might otherwise not have support, and which ultimately might lead to independent support.
- Enable established investigators already working in digestive disease-related research to make a substantial change in the direction of their research. (Type 2 awards)
- Entice investigators who have left the field of digestive diseases, or who have never worked in the field, to become involved in research related to digestive diseases. (Type 3 awards)
- Awards for the PF program by NIH Guidelines is biased to young investigators emerging into independence (Type 1 awards)
Awards are made for up to $45,000 over 2 years. In recent years, project budgets have ranged from $25,000 to $45,000 direct costs. Facilities and Administrative (F&A) costs are limited to 25%.
Letter of Intent/Application:
Please see attached document for details. For questions, please contact: Kiki Densamo
|letter of intent||45 KB|