Next Letter of Intent Deadline
December 2, 2019
Next Application Deadline
January 24, 2020
Pilot and Feasibility Award Program
Letters of Intent will be due on or before: December 2, 2019
Notification of eligibility to proceed with application: December 16, 2019
Applications will be due on or before: January 24, 2020
The HDDC is focused on the study of epithelial cell function and mucosal biology in inflammation, host defense, and cancer of the gastrointestinal tract and related mucosal surfaces. Pilot & Feasibility projects will be considered for support if they relate directly or indirectly to this mission.
- Support young investigators who have not previously held independence awards (such as a R01 and/or P01) in carrying out independent and promising research that tests a novel research direction or hypothesis. (Type 1 awards)
- Enable young, developing scientists and/or clinicians to pursue innovative and promising pilot projects which might otherwise not have support, and which ultimately might lead to independent support.
- Enable established investigators already working in digestive disease-related research to make a substantial change in the direction of their research. (Type 2 awards)
- Entice investigators who have left the field of digestive diseases, or who have never worked in the field, to become involved in research related to digestive diseases. (Type 3 awards)
- Awards for the PF program by NIH Guidelines is biased to young investigators emerging into independence (Type 1 awards)
The HDDC generally makes awards of $25,000 to $35,000 in direct costs plus F&A costs of 25%. The direct costs awarded vary due to availability of funds and the quality of applications received. Awards will be made for a one-year period, beginning 07/01/2020. A second year of funding will require a competing application.
Letter of Intent/Application:
Please see attached document for details. For questions, please contact: Kiki Densamo